Preview by Aideena Wickstrom
ETOBICOKE, ON: The Humber Hawks have an eventful week ahead of them as they prepare to play two league games within four days. First, the Hawks will travel to Oakville on Wednesday, November 21st to play the Sheridan Bruins.
LAST TIME OUT VS SHERIDAN
These teams last faced off on February 4th of the 17-18 season. The Hawks were close to dropping the third set in this game, when they managed to respond and end the game in 3 straight sets. Julia Watson was the games lead scorer with 8 kills. (25-16, 25-18, 25-23)
- The Hawks have an all-time 39-1 regular season record against Sheridan.
- The Bruins have 165 kills so far
- Top scorers are Tara Aune and Tamia Cooper-Evelyn with 41(2.56 kills per set) and 39 (2.44 kills per set) kills, respectively
- There are a total of four rookies and eleven returning OCAA players
- Former Hawk Star setter Celine Blanchette now plies her trade with the Bruins
- Hawks have a 2-1 away game and 2-0 home game record.
- Humber has a total of 173 kills, averaging 10.81 kills per set.
- Julia Watson is the Humber Hawks leading scorer, with 43 kills and a team high average of 3.6 points per set
- As a team, the Hawks moved up significantly in some statistical categories, including being first in Assists per set (10.06) and second in kills per set (10.81)
- Kyla Wilkins has added 49 digs to her stat sheet so far in the 2018-19 season. Only five games into the year, Kyla has already surpassed Laura Bye's record of 451 digs by 10. As the season continues, she is likely to break the 500 dig mark within her final year at Humber
If you are not able to attend the game, you can LIVE stream them here