Preview by Aideena Wickstrom
ETOBICOKE, ON: Recovering from a tough loss on the road last weekend, the Hawks look to reestablish their streak on November 15th. In their second home game of the season, the Hawks will play the Mohawk Mountaineers, who are currently ranked 5th in the league.
Humber Hawks vs Mohawk Mountaineers
3-1, 2rd West 3-2, 5th West
Thursday, November 15th, 2018
Humber College - North Campus Main Gym
LAST TIME OUT VS MOHAWK
The last time these teams faced off was in the OCAA quarterfinals on February 22nd, 2018. In this match, the Hawks were down by two sets before flying out of their deficit and going on to win the game in 5. The lead scorer, with 24 kills, was Breanna Golding. The final score was 23-25, 21-25, 25-21, 25-14, 15-9.
- Mohawk has seven new players and 10 returning.
- Jessica Heidbuurt leads the Mountaineers with 55 kills
- They have earned 160 kills as a team this year, averaging at 9.41 kills per set.
- In the past, Mohawk as struggled to win a match over Humber. The current league record between both teams is 31-1 in favor of the Hawks.
- The Hawks hold the longest OCAA win streak, of 155. This ended last week in a game against St. Clair
- Humber has 136 kills so far this season, averaging 10.5 kills per set.
- The lead scorer from the Hawks is Julia Watson, with 31 kills and an average of 2.82 kills per set.
- Kyla Wilkins surpassed the record for most digs in a Humber career last week, with a total on 454 digs and counting. As the season as just begun, it is expected for Kyla to bring the record far past 500.
If you cannot make it to the Hawks Nest, you can watch this game along with every other home game at