Humber College Hawks Head Coach – Men's Basketball
The Department of Athletics and Recreation at Humber College is currently accepting applications for the part-time position of Men's Basketball Head Coach.
The Men's Basketball Head Coach reports to the Associate Director of Athletics and Recreation and he/she is responsible for the development and coaching of the Men's Basketball program. The position involves all aspects of the program's operation and administration, including (but not limited to) student-athlete recruitment; student-athlete and team development and measurement; selection, supervision, direction and monitoring of appropriate program support personnel; and program planning, monitoring, and review.
Position Summary – Head Coach
The incumbent is responsible to lead and develop the Men's Basketball Program, including;
* Manage the overall men's basketball program, providing leadership in the development of the men's basketball program to achieve objectives that are consistent with the direction of the department;
* Supervise, guide and direct assistant coach(es) and team manager;
* Develop and implement an effective recruitment program to attract outstanding student-athletes;
* Provide guidance and support to student-athletes towards achieving their greatest potential both academically and athletically;
* Adhere to procedures and policies of the Athletics Department and Humber College;
* Plan, schedule and deliver an effective yearly training plan;
* Coordinate with the Athletic Department all requests for program-related expenditures and scheduling of exhibition travel;
* Review and monitor team training program (e.g. technical, tactical, physiological, psychological, etc.);
* Responsible for compliance with all OCAA/CCAA policies and regulations concerning recruitment, financial aid and student-athlete eligibility; and
* Attend and participate in departmental coaches meetings and professional development requirements.
* Minimum 5 years coaching experience (preferable at the post-secondary level);
* Proven track record of developing successful team;
* Technical knowledge and ability (NCCP certification preferred); and
* Exceptional interpersonal, communication and motivational skills
The incumbent is in a highly visible position and represents the college, acting as an ambassador of Humber College by representing it in a positive manner to the media, general public, postsecondary institutions, schools, and sport organizations. Extensive travel is an integral part of the position, as is being responsible for all team personnel on the numerous trips, according to their OCAA/CCAA schedule.
Please forward your resume to: Ray Chateau - Director, Athletics and Recreation at email@example.com Applications must be received by 5:00pm on Wednesday, April 18th, 2018 We thank all applicants for their interest in Humber College, however, only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.