|Game Info||11 Humber vs. 7 George Brown|
|Date||Thursday, March 1|
|Venue||Welland Athletic Centre|
|Watch Live||Click Here|
|Live Stats||Click Here|
|Playoff Series||Humber leads, 2-1|
|All-Time Series||Humber leads, 49-12|
|Last Meeting||W, 90-84 (12/29/17)|
No. 11 Humber will begin the 2018 OCAA Championship Thursday afternoon against No. 7 George Brown (18-2, 2nd West). The championship is hosted by Niagara College, and all games will be streamed live courtesy of the Niagara College Athletic Department.
Tickets for the event are $5.00 on March 1-2, and $10.00 on Championship Saturday. Tournament passes can be purchased for $15.00. Admission is free for anyone under the age of 15.
Last Time Out
Humber (15-5, 3rd West) earned a trip to the OCAA Final Eight with a 97-68 win against St. Lawrence (10-10, 5th East) Feb. 24 at the North Campus Gym. DeQuon Cascart recorded his first career double-double in the win, finishing with 17 points and 11 rebounds.
Scouting No. 7 George Brown
- The Huskies enter the Final Eight tournament on a nine-game winning streak, including an 86-76 OCAA crossover win over Mohawk (10-10, 7th West).
- D.J. James is George Brown's leading scorer, averaging 16.4 points per game.
- The Huskies own the league's second-best defence in points allowed, surrendering 70.8 ppg this season.
- Last season George Brown captured the OCAA silver medal after falling to Sheridan in the championship game. It was the Huskies first OCAA medal since 1990.
During the annual East/West Holiday Classic, Humber came from behind to beat the Huskies 90-84 on Dec. 29 at the North Campus Gym. Trailing by as many as ten points in the opening quarter, the Hawks used a big second-half to beat the Huskies.
Jordan James finished with a team-high 16 points in the loss.
- Humber basketball has reached the OCAA Championship for the 35th consecutive season.
- All-time, the Hawks are 24-2 in the OCAA quarter-final round.
- Under head coach Patrick Au, Humber is 4-1 in the postseason.
File and Rank
Humber is 2-5 this season against CCAA ranked opponents.
The Hawks are 2-1 all-time against George Brown in the playoffs. The last postseason meeting between these two teams came during the 2014 playoffs in the bronze semifinal game. Humber led start to finish, cruising to an 81-60 victory.
If the Hawks win, they will advance to the semifinals and play the winner between No. 4 Redeemer/Lambton on Friday at 6 p.m. If they lose, the Hawks will move to the consolation round and play at 1 p.m.