|Game Info||Hawks vs. Loyalist|
|Date||Friday, February 24|
|Venue||St. Clair SportsPlex|
The No. 2 Humber women's volleyball team earned the first-seed in the OCAA Championships after finishing with a perfect 18-0 regular season record for the sixth consecutive year and will be making its 24th straight postseason appearance. In its quarter-final matchup, the Hawks will play the Loyalist Lancers, who finished the season 11-7 and fourth overall in the east division.
LAST TIME OUT vs LOYALIST
These two programs have very little history together, only meeting three times in the OCAA playoffs. All-time, the Hawks own a 3-0 record against Loyalist and have never dropped a set. The last meeting between these clubs was on Feb. 24, 2011.
- The Lancers have advanced to the OCAA Championship tournament for the first time since the 2010-11 season after defeating Mohawk on Saturday 3-0.
- Before its crossover win, Loyalist had lost three consecutive matches.
- The Lancers finished third in the east in points per set (14.3) and kills per set (10.13).
- Loyalist features the two-time league scoring champion Sara Piana Yafu, who finished with 5.0 pps.
- Setter Raven Maracle finished sixth in the association averaging 7.36 aps.
- The Hawks clinched the west division title for the sixth consecutive season.
- Humber has won an OCAA record 127 consecutive regular and postseason games.
- The Hawks led the league in service aces per set (3.29) and points per set (15.8).
- Humber has been the association's most efficient attacking team, ending with a league-best hitting of .319.
Fifth-year middle Alley Newman finishes her career fourth all-time in career blocks (116).
After opening the season as the third ranked program in the country, the Hawks moved to the two spot Nov. 22 and have remained there all season long.
ON THE SIDELINES
With 313 career victories under his belt, Chris Wilkins sits third all-time in Humber coaching annals.
All OCAA Championship matches will be live streamed and can be found here.