KITCHENER, Ont – No. 5 Humber men's soccer (3-0, 1st Central) continued its torrid scoring pace Wednesday night, cruising to a 4-1 win over Conestoga (0-3-1, 5th Central) at Budd Field Park.
Federico Leal opened the scoring for Humber, recording his first career goal as a Hawk. The Condors first-half game plan focused on defence, effectively keeping Humber off the board despite the Hawks dominating possession and shots. All-Canadian Jaineil Hoilett was able to record another goal before the half, giving the Hawks a 2-0 lead at the break.
The Condors came out fast in the second half, scoring a quick goal and trimming Humber's lead in half.
With Conestoga pressing to tie the match, Humber took advantage and Leal recorded his second tally of the game.
Shortly afterwards, Luca Baldassarre recorded his fourth goal of the season, securing the 4-1 victory for Humber.
Freshman keeper Sebastian Zeballos got the start for Humber in net, recording his first OCAA victory.
- With his two goals tonight, Leal now has five tallies in 13 career matches.
- Humber has now scored four or more goals in five of its last seven OCAA regular season matches.
- Luca Baldassarre sits alone in fifth all-time on Humber's career scoring list with 24 goals.
- The Hawks increased their regular season unbeaten streak to 37 consecutive matches.
- Humber improves to 18-1-2 against Conestoga in regular season play.
No. 5 Humber will return to the Ontario Soccer Centre Sept. 22 to host the series finale with Cambrian (2-2, 3rd Central). Kick off is set for 7:30 p.m.