|Game Info||5 Humber vs. Georgian|
|Date||Thursday, Feb. 28|
|Watch Live||Click Here|
|Live Stats||Click Here|
|Playoff Series||Humber leads, 2-0|
|All-Time Series||Humber leads, 13-2|
|Last Meeting||W, 94-80 (2/22/14)|
No. 5 Humber men's basketball will open the 2019 OCAA Final Eight Thursday evening against the host team, Georgian Grizzlies (9-11, 6th East). Tipoff is set for 8 p.m. from the Georgian College Athletic & Fitness Centre.
Humber has won five straight quarter-final games, with a 27-2 record all-time. This will be the first meeting between these two programs in the quarter-final round, with their last meeting occurring in a crossover meeting in 2014.
- The Grizzlies averaged 72.5 PPG this season – the fourth-lowest average in the league.
- Georgian features two players who scored 300-plus points this season, Tyler Vanessen (367) and Anthony Meggo (359).
- The Grizzlies have never won an OCAA medal.
Last Time Out
The Hawks hosted St. Lawrence in a crossover game for the third straight season, cruising to its 19th win of the season, 83-68. Jaylan Morgan scored a team-high 15 points, while Salum Saady finished with a career-high 12 points on three-of-six (50.0 per cent) shooting from beyond the arc. Humber improved to 6-0 all-time in the crossover round.
- All-time, the Hawks are 27-2 in the quarter-final round, including 5 straight wins.
- The Hawks have had a tough time in the tournament when facing the host team, with a 9-6 (.600) record all-time.
- The Hawks have qualified for the OCAA postseason every year since 1983 – a span of 36 seasons.
- Humber is 15-2 (.882) in the postseason when led by a first-year head coach. Rick Dilena (1994), Darrell Glenn (2005), and Shawn Collins (2011) captured the provincial title in their first season at the helm.
- Humber's 14 provincial titles are the most all-time.
The 2019 OCAA Men's Basketball Awards Banquet will take place on Feb. 28 at 8:30 a.m. Follow Humber on Instagram (@HumberHawks) for updates.
With a win over Georgian, No. 5 Humber will play the winner of No. 11 Niagara/Lambton in the semifinal on Mar. 1 at 8 p.m.