VAUGHAN, Ont – The No. 4 Humber women's soccer team (5-0, 1st Central) hit the half-way mark of the regular season with an emphatic 9-0 win over the George Brown Huskies (2-3-1, 3rd Central).
In the midst of an unprecedented scoring pace, the Hawks opened the scoring in the second minute with a goal from Zoe Longsworth. U-SPORT transfer Nicole Lyon scored in the 14th minute – her third of the season.
At the 33-minute mark, Zoe Longsworth scored her second of the match, on a nice feed from Hayley Mackie. Less than two minutes later, Mackie made another great play, setting up Taylor Thomson to give Humber a 4-0 lead heading into the break.
The second half was much like the first, with Rebecca Spratt recording her fourth goal of the season two minutes in. As the dust settled, Thomson scored her second goal of the match, converting a feed from Lyon.
Humber's stellar defence continued to shine, only allowing two George Brown shots all evening. Vanessa Fiore recorded her fifth win and fifth clean sheet of the season.
- Humber scored nine-plus goals in a match for the 11th time in program history.
- Third-year defender Taylor Thomson, playing in her 25th regular season cap for Humber, scored her first career goal.
- Zoe Longsworth leads the team with five tallies this season, matching her career-high from 2016.
- Rebecca Spratt moves into a tie with teammate Giulia Zanardi with 16 career regular-season goals.
- Keeper Vanessa Fiore recorded her 20th regular season victory in the win.
No. 4 Humber returns to the pitch Sat. Sept. 29 to conclude its regular season series with the UTM Eagles (1-4, 5th Central). Game time is set for 1 p.m.