|Game Info||Humber at Niagara|
|Date||Thurs. Nov. 1|
|Watch Live||Click Here|
|Live Stats||Click Here|
|Series Record||Humber leads, 33-9|
|Last Meeting||W, 77-48 (2/3/18)|
Humber women's basketball will return to the hardwood Thursday evening, heading to Welland to face the Niagara Knights (1-1, 4th West). Tipoff is set for 6 p.m. and will be streamed live here.
Last Time Out
The Hawks kicked off their 2018 season on the road in a provincial championship game rematch against the Fanshawe Falcons (3-0, 1st OCAA). The shorthanded Hawks could not keep pace with the Falcons, getting outscored 24-7 in the final frame, falling 79-51. Jahnae Gyles led the team in scoring with 19 points on 7-of-25 (28.0 per cent) shooting from the floor.
- After opening the season with an overtime win over Redeemer, the Knights fell to Conestoga on the road, 57-38.
- Niagara welcomes five freshmen to its squad this season.
- Third-year forward Tia Stys leads the team in scoring, averaging 13.5 points-per-game.
- Head coach Mike Beccaria returns for his sixth season at the helm, leading the Knights to a 56-36 regular season record.
- Humber 15-6 all-time against Niagara at the Welland Campus Athletic Centre.
The Hawks cruised to a 77-48 win on Feb. 3 against Niagara. Humber won its 74th straight OCAA game in the win and established a new OCAA single-season scoring with 1,561 points.
All Good Things Come to an End
Humber's loss to Fanshawe was its first OCAA loss since Nov. 8, 2014. The 81-game streak was an OCAA record, surpassing the previous mark of 67, established by Algonquin in 2015.
Humber will host Lambton (1-0, 3rd West) Nov. 3 for its 2018 home opener. Tipoff is set for 1 p.m. and will be streamed live on the Hawks Sports Network.