Preview by Aideena Wickstrom
ETOBICOKE, ON: In the annual "Battle of the Birds", the Humber Hawks women's volleyball team will welcome the no. 1 provincially ranked Fanshawe Falcons onto their home court on Saturday, November 24th.
Humber Hawks vs Fanshawe Falcons
5-1, 2nd West 7-0, 1st West
Saturday, November 24/18
Humber Athletic Centre - Etobicoke
LAST TIME OUT VS FANSHAWE
The Hawks last battled the Falcons on February 14th of the 2017-18 season. This was both teams last league game of the regular season. The Hawks took down the rival birds in three straight sets. Lead scorers for the Hawks were non-returning players Brynne Coleman and Nicole Collard. (25-19, 25-17, 25-21)
- The Hawks have an all-time 26-1 regular season record against Fanshawe
- The Falcons are currently undefeated, and ranked first in the province.
- Fanshawe has a total of 227 kills, with Janelle Albert and Megan Morelli with 49 and 44 kills, respectively.
- As a team, they rank high in almost every statistical category, including first in aces, aces per set and kill percentage
- The Hawks are coming off a solid 3-0 road win over the Sheridan Bruins
- They have jumped up in two key team categories, and now sit 1st in Assists per set, 2nd in kills per set and 3rd in kill percentage
- Julia Watson continues to be the Hawk leader in many offensive categories, checking in with a point per set mark of 3.3
- Alex Bartman leads all setters in the league, assisting on a rate of 9.17 per set
- With every dig, Kyla Wilkins adds to her all-time Hawks mark, now at 471. As the season continues, she is likely to break the 500 dig mark within her final year at Humber.
If you are not able to make it out to the game, you can LIVE stream the match here: