Preview by Aideena Wickstrom
ETOBICOKE, ON: The Humber Hawks women's volleyball team is set to travel out to Windsor this weekend to battle the St. Clair Saints.
Humber Hawks vs St. Clair Saints
3-0, 2nd West 2-1, 4th West
Saturday, November 10/18
St. Clair College Main Gym
LATS TIME OUT VS ST.CLAIR
Both teams lasted faced off during playoffs in February. In the OCAA semi finals, the Hawks defeated the Saints after being down by a set, and went on to win Provincials. (25-19, 18-25, 25-16, 25-23)
SCOUTING ST. CLAIR
- The Saints have a balanced team of five rookies and eight returning players
- As a team, they have a total of 95 recorded kills this season
- In their previous matches, Outside Hitter Te-Anna Stephenson has led the team, owning 1/3 of the teams overall kills this season.
- The Saints sit behind in all-time match-ups with the Hawks, trailing Humber 30-7 in all-time regular season play
- The Hawks won both their games last weekend, only dropping a single set
- Top scorers from their previous games were right side Julia Watson, and left side Danielle Miles.
- Hawks have a total of 98 recorded kills this season
- Freshman Aideena Wickstrom recorded her first double-digit game of her collegiate career on Sunday at Boreal, leading the team on the day with 11 points (8K, 2SA)
- Humber continues their OCAA league and playoff streak, which now sits at 155
- Last weekend, fifth year Kyla Wilkins claimed 2nd place for the number of digs in a Humber Varsity career. She now has 446 digs under her belt, placing her just five digs behind becoming the all-time digs leader in Humber History
- With every win, head coach Chris Wilkins builds on his all-time Humber coaching wins mark, and now has 344 for his career, and only 43 losses
You can watch the Hawks battle the Saints "LIVE"