KITCHENER, ON: With the regular season winding down, the Humber Hawks women's volleyball team will play the Conestoga Condors on Friday night in Kitchener.
THE MATCH UP
Humber "Hawks" vs Conestoga "Condors"
16 -0, 1st West 3-13, 9th West
Friday, February 10, 2017
Conestoga Athletic Centre – Kitchener
LAST TIME OUT VS CONESTOGA
Humber had little trouble with the Condors in their first semester match-up at Humber. The Hawks won in three straight sets, by scores of 25-10, 25-8, 25-12. Humber had all 13 players get on the court on this night, and were led by Breanna Golding (2 sets, 6 kills, 3 aces, 2 block – 11 points) and Devan O'Connor (3 sets, 5 kills, 4 aces, 1 block – 10 points). Tori Kozak led the Condors with seven points, five coming via the kill.
- Conestoga comes in off one of the best stretches in their history of OCAA play. They knocked off the nationally ranked Niagara Knights, and then after a loss at Cambrian, went into Boreal and swept them away in three straight sets
- The team stats indicate why the Condors sit among the bottom teams of the West Division. Their .083 hitting percentage ranks 18th in the entire league, as does their block total and blocks per set
- Tori Kozak has been a huge positive, as she checks in with an average of 3.1 points per set. She leads the team in kills (120) and aces (29)
- Kyla Boutin has been the ball distributor, and she has amasses 310 assists this season. She is ninth in the league in assists and assists per set
- Humber is 13-0 all-time versus Conestoga
- The Hawks clinched the West Division crown for the sixth consecutive season
- They are among the leaders in almost every statistical category, including first in hitting percentage (.327) and aces per set (3.35)
- Devan O'Connor and Breanna Golding have dropped a few spots in the league scoring leader standings, but O'Connor still has a very healthy mark of 4.0 pps, and Golding checks in at 3.9 pps
- Setter Gabie Miletic has recorded 325 assists and ccurrently ranks fourth in the league with an average of 7.39 assists per set
- The Hawks have won 125 consecutive OCAA league and playoff games
- Fifth year middle Alley Newman has moved from fifth to fourth all-time at Humber in blocks (115), but is unlikely to get the 14 over the last two games to move to number three on the list
- Head Coach Chris Wilkins currently sits in third place of all-time Hawk coaching wins with 311 victories, and only trails his brother Wayne (men's volleyball coach) by one and the overall leader Mike Katz (318) by nine.
- There will be no live stream available, but you can access the stats "LIVE" by clicking HERE