|Matchup||No. 7 Humber at Sheridan|
|Date||Saturday, September 30|
|Last Meeting||T, 2-2 (10/15/16)|
OAKVILLE, Ont -- The No. 7 Humber Hawks women's soccer team (5-0, 1st Central) will take their win streak on the road Saturday against the Sheridan Bruins (3-2, 3rd Central).
The Opening Kickoff
- The Humber defence has been in top form, posting three clean sheets over the first five games. The Hawks backline has held opponents to 24 shots on goal this season (4.8 per game).
- Humber's 26 goals this season surpasses its total from 2016 (25 goals in 10 matches).
- OCAA all-star Vanessa Fiore has been tough to beat in net this season, recording three shutouts along with a .917 save percentage.
Last Time Out
Humber's high-flying offence continued Wednesday at George Brown, scoring four first-half goals en route to a 5-0 win over the Huskies (1-4, 5th Central). Keeper's Vanessa Fiore and Amanda Olvera combined for Humber's third clean sheet of the year.
- Humber is 5-0 on the season, its best start since beginning the 2012 year 7-0.
- Three of Humber's wins have been clean sheets.
- All-star Giulia Zanardi leads the team with 10 goals, while eight others have also found the back of the net.
- The Bruins hold a 3-2 record on the season, including a 2-1 record at home.
- Cassidy Chantler and Laura Ozoria lead Sheridan with two goals each.
- Savanna Wood has paced the way for the Bruins in net, making five starts with a .907 save percentage.
- Since 2012, the Hawks are 4-1-2 against the Bruins
In the Nation
The Hawks continue to be ranked as a top-10 program in the country. Since the beginning of the 2017 season, Humber has jumped two spots to the seventh position after beating No. 11 Cambrian, 3-1, on the road earlier this year.
Hawks History Watch
With a goal against George Brown, Giulia Zanardi moves into a tie for sixth all-time on Humber's single-season scoring list. The Tottenham native now trails Hall of Famer Joanna Vitale by six for most all-time.
At the Helm
Head coaches Vince Pileggi and Mauro Ongaro is in their 22nd season leading the Humber women's soccer program. The duo, who have captured seven provincial titles, now sit seven wins away from 200 all-time victories.
Humber will begin its four-game homestand Wednesday, October 4 against Conestoga (2-3, 4th Central). Kick-off is set 6:30 p.m.