ANCASTER, Ont – Top-ranked Humber women's basketball cruised to an 83-44 win at Redeemer Wednesday night, securing its 20th victory of the season and the program's third straight undefeated season.
Senior Aleena Domingo recorded her ninth double-double of the season, finishing with a game-high 17 points while grabbing 13 boards. Freshman Makeba Taylor tied her career-high with 16 points, while Miea Campbell-Johnson rounded out Humber's double-digit scorers with ten points of her own.
Redeemer (9-11, 7th West) was able to keep pace with the Hawks out of the gate until Humber's (20-0, 1st West) top-ranked offence was able to end the opening frame on an 8-0 run.
The Hawks continued to press in the second quarter, using a 15-4 run to blow open its lead for good. At the break, Humber led 49-23.
Domingo scored 13 points on 6-of-8 shooting from the floor in the first half, while Ceejay Nofuente grabbed ten rebounds and tacked on five assists and four steals. Humber held Redeemer to 33.3 percent (10-of-30) from the field.
The Royals were able to hold Humber to a game-low 12 points in the fourth quarter, but it wasn't enough as the Hawks went on to win, 83-44.
- Ten Humber players scored at least two points in the game.
- The Hawks hit ten 3-pointers in the game, their highest total in seven games.
- In her final season, Aleena Domingo finished the year averaging a double-double, ending at 16.4 ppg and 10.3 rpg.
- Nofuente ends her career third all-time in scoring for the OCAA, while Domingo finishes sixth all-time.
- Humber improves to 39-0 all-time against Redeemer in regular season play.
- Nofuente and Domingo were the highest scoring teammates in the league this season, finishing with 677 combined points.
- The Hawks extend their OCAA regular and postseason win streak to 78 consecutive games.
No. 1 Humber will await its quarterfinal matchup in the 2018 OCAA Women's Basketball Provincial Championship. The quarterfinals will take place at Humber College on March 2 and will be streamed live on the Hawks Sports Network.