Senior Ceejay Nofuente paced Humber with her third career triple-double in the 81-29 win over Conestoga, the team's 59th straight OCAA victory.
KITCHENER, Ont -- Ceejay Nofuente notched 13 points, 11 assists, and ten steals, while Leticia Lopez and Aleena Domingo each record 12 points to help the Humber women's basketball team (1-0, 1st OCAA West) earn an 81-29 win over Conestoga (0-2, 11th OCAA West) Sunday afternoon.
Humber held a 59-50 edge on rebounds, a margin that included 28 offensive rebounds which led to 31 second-chance points.
A slow start to begin the game saw the Hawks hold a four-point lead after 10 minutes of play when Humber's top-ranked defence took over to create easy baskets in transition. The Hawks forced 13 Condor turnovers in the second quarter, cruising to a 42-18 halftime lead.
Senior Aleena Domingo narrowly missed a double-double, finishing with 12 points and nine rebounds in 12 minutes of play.
Humber held Conestoga to 12.8 percent from the floor, forcing 36 turnovers that led to 41 points.
- Humber improves to 13-0 all-time against Conestoga.
- The Hawks received 49 points from its bench.
- All 14 Humber players scored in this game.
- Laura Meadows, Brittney English, Makeba Taylor, Jahnae Gyles, Eboni Beals, and Jaime Gordon each recorded their first career point for Humber in the game.
- Humber extends its win streak to 59 consecutive wins against OCAA opponents.
Humber will head to Lambton on Oct. 28 and St. Clair on Oct. 29.