Preview by Aideena Wickstrom
ETOBICOKE, ON: With an extended win streak of 4-0 to open the season, Humber's men volleyball team is preparing to take on the Mohawk Mountaineers at home, on November 15th
Humber Hawks vs Mohawk Mountaineers
4-0, 2nd West 3-2, 5th West
Thursday, November 15/18
8:00 pm (or 30 minutes after the women's game ends)
Humber College - North Campus Main Gym
LAST TIME OUT VS MOHAWK
The last time the Hawks played the Mountaineers was at home on January 26th, 2018. In this match, Humber dominated Mohawk 3-0. Two of the matches lead scorers were Andrew Blakey with 8 kills and Kamyn Wilkins with 7. The final score was 25-18, 25-20, 25-20.
- The Mountaineers have only two rookies, out of 15 overall players.
- They have earned 176 kills so far this season, averaging at 8.8 kills per set.
- Second year Outside Hitter Michael Kong leads the Mountaineers with 46 kills and 30 digs.
- With a 33-19 record, the Mountaineers trail behind Humber in for and against league play wins.
- The Hawks currently sit at 4-0, only dropping two sets so far this season.
- Humber averages 10.73 kills per set.
- Kamyn Wilkins owns about 1/3 of the Hawks kills this season, earning 49 of the teams 161.
- Head coach Wayne Wilkins now has 337 wins under his belt, now only seven wins behind his brother and head coach of women's volleyball, Chris Wilkins.
Be sure to come out and watch the 2018/2019 volleyball season begin as the Hawks continue to make history. If you cannot make it to the Hawks Nest, you can watch this game along with every other home game at