ETOBICOKE, ON: The Humber Hawks men's volleyball team, winners of four straight, will finish first half play this Sunday afternoon at the Humber Athletic Centre, as the Boreal Vipers come in.LAST TIME OUT
After dropping a winnable first set (25-27), as the Niagara Knights came from way back to take the opener, the Hawks rallied to win the next three in comfortable fashion (25-18, 25-17, 25-19). A trio of Hawks scored in double-digits, led by Dylan Devecseri and his 20 points. Kamyn Wilkins and Clayton Blanchette contribute 17 and 11 points, respectively.
Sunday, December 3/17
30 minutes after completion of women's game – approx. 3:00 pm
vs Boreal "Vipers"
0-8, 10th West
Humber Athletic Centre – Etobicoke
- Boreal has yet to take a set of the Hawks, and Humber leads the all-time series 15-0
- The Vipers are a freshman laden team, featuring 8 rookies to go along with 4 returning players
- The numbers in the team statistical category are dim at best for the visitors, as they rank at or near the bottom in every category
- Rylan Levean leads the team in scoring with an average of 1.5 points per set. His 18 total points puts him 121st in the league
- The Hawks have been playing well lately, and that could be attributed to the factor that they are close to full health now
- Dylan Devecseri has returned and has taken the league by storm. He does not appear in the league leaders for scoring, but that is based on games played. His 4.1 pps average would place him in the top 6 of the entire league
- Returning star Kamyn Wilkins has picked up where he left off, and has done everything and more that was expected of him. He is even tossed into the setters role on game nights
- As a team, they are near the top in both assist and blocking categories, and in the top ten in kills
- Head Coach Wayne Wilkins moved into number two in all-time Hawk coaching wins, but still trails his brother for the all-time mark
- Third-year star Clayton Blanchette continues to climb in a number of career statistical categories: 5th in points (630), 4th in kills (522) and 4th in aces (69)
The game will be "live-streamed" on the Hawks Sports Network – HSN1.
CLICK HERE for the link.
NOTABLE SOCIAL MEDIA SITES
Humber Athletics Website
Humber Men's Volleyball Website