ETOBICOKE, ON: The Humber Hawks men's volleyball team, winners of four straight, will play the Cambrian Golden Shield on Saturday evening the Humber Athletic Centre.
LAST TIME OUT
After dropping a winnable first set (25-27), as the Niagara Knights came from way back to take the opener, the Hawks rallied to win the next three in comfortable fashion (25-18, 25-17, 25-19). A trio of Hawks scored in double-digits, led by Dylan Devecseri and his 20 points. Kamyn Wilkins and Clayton Blanchette contribute 17 and 11 points, respectively.
Saturday, December 2/17
30 minutes after completion of women's game – approx. 8:00 pm
vs. Cambrian "Golden Shield"
1-7, 9th West
Humber Athletic Centre – Etobicoke
- Humber holds a 22-1 overall record against the Golden Shield in regular season play, including being a perfect 12-0 at home. The last time a Cmabrian squad defeated the Hawks was December 8, 1995 – a span of almost 17 years
- Cambrian carries a large squad of players, 18 in total, with 12 being freshman and 6 returnees. No player on the Golden Shield declaration list has played more than a single season of post-secondary volleyball
- They rank near the bottom of every team statistical category
- Lucas Claveau is their "go-to" player, and he checks in with an outstanding mark of 3.7 points per set, just missing the top ten of OCAA scoring
- The Hawks have been playing well lately, and that could be attributed to the factor that they are close to full health now
- Dylan Devecseri has returned and has taken the league by storm. He does not appear in the league leaders for scoring, but that is based on games played. His 4.1 pps average would place him in the top 6 of the entire league
- Returning star Kamyn Wilkins has picked up where he left off, and has done everything and more that was expected of him. He is even tossed into the setters role on game nights
- As a team, they are near the top in both assist and blocking categories, and in the top ten in kills
- Head Coach Wayne Wilkins moved into number two in all-time Hawk coaching wins, but still trails his brother for the all-time mark
- Third-year star Clayton Blanchette continues to climb in a number of career statistical categories: 5th in points (630), 4th in kills (522) and 4th in aces (69)
The game will be "live-streamed" on the Hawks Sports Network – HSN1.
CLICK HERE for the link.
NOTABLE SOCIAL MEDIA SITES
Humber Athletics Website
Humber Men's Volleyball Website