SCARBOROUGH, Ont – In a battle for the top spot in OCAA Central Division, the No. 1 Humber Hawks men's soccer team (5-0, 1st Central) went on the road Wednesday night and came away with a 3-0 win over the No. 9 George Brown Huskies (3-1-1, 3rd Central).
Second-year forward Tomasz Balicki opened the scoring for the Hawks in the 19th minute, capitalizing on a defensive miscue by the Huskies. Twenty minutes later, ball hawk Luca Baldassarre converted a penalty kick and Humber went into half leading 2-0.
Not satisfied with the two goal cushion, Baldassarre found the back of the net early in the second half and from there the Hawks cruised to the 3-0 victory.
- Tomasz Balicki scored his second goal of the season, establishing a new career-high.
- Luca Baldassarre has scored in every match this season and now sits second in the league with seven goals, matching his career-high.
- Nick Frenati recorded his second clean sheet of the season. The freshman keeper has only allowed one goal in 315 minutes of action this season.
- The three goals surrendered by George Brown was the most in a game since Humber scored four in October of last season.
- The Hawks extended their unbeaten streak to 37 consecutive matches.
Humber continues OCAA play on the road against their division rivals, the Sheridan Bruins (4-1, 2nd Central), on Sept. 30 at 3:30 p.m.