SUDBURY, Ont -- The No. 1 Humber Hawks men's soccer team returns to action Saturday to take on the Cambrian Golden Shield. Humber has started off the regular season with a perfect record of 2-0, and look to extend their winning streak this upcoming Saturday afternoon.
|Game Info:||(1) Hawks at Cambrian|
|Date:||Saturday, September, 16|
LAST TIME OUT VS CAMBRIAN:
- Given the realignment of divisions for this season, the Cambrian Golden Shield is set to play the Humber Hawks for the first time since their quarter-final game in 2014 (the Hawks won 3-0). Cambrian joins the Central Division after previously playing in the East Division.
- The Golden Shield scored 19 goals last season, 8 of them came from Marco Armiento, who is not with the team this season.
- Last season, Cambrian finished with a 2-3-1 record at home along with a 3-1-1 record throughout September.
- Statistically, the Golden Shield don't play as well at home than they do on the road. They score fewer goals (averaging 1.60), and they also have higher goals against average (2.60).
- They committed more fouls at home, with 14 yellow cards at home and only four on the road.
- During the 2016-17 season, they did not score more than one goal in any of their losses.
- 10 of the 22 players on the roster are playing in their first year.
- Lost their 2017-18 season opening game to Sheridan (4-0).