WINDSOR, Ont. -- A 14-day layoff from OCAA action concludes Saturday for the no. 9 Humber Hawks (10-4, 3rd West) when they head to Windsor before heading to Sarnia on Sunday to wrap up the regular season. First game for the Hawks will be against the St. Clair Saints (7-7, 4th West).
LAST TIME OUT vs ST. CLAIR
In their first meeting this season, both teams came out running, with the Hawks escaping with a narrow six-point win. The Hawks scored their highest point total of the season in the 102-96 victory. Five Humber student-athletes finished with double-digit points, while C.J. Bennett and Ancil Martin finished with a team-high 20 points each. William Lara-Caston finished with a game-high 23 points for the Saints in the loss.
- During the two week layoff, the Hawks defeated Conestoga 103-87 in exhibition action. Seniors Tyrone Dickson and Gibson Eduful finished with 15 points each.
- Tyrone Dickson, Humber's all-time leading rebounder, is now ranked second in the CCAA averaging 11.9 rebounds-per-game.
- Dickson has a team-best nine double-doubles this season and 35 for his career.
- When Humber out-rebounds their opponents, they are 10-2 this season. Both losses have to been to no. 1 Sheridan Bruins (14-0, 1st West).
- The Hawks have allowed the fewest made field goals in the OCAA this season (367).
- Fifth-year point guard Gibson Eduful (Toronto) is currently ranked third in the OCAA, averaging 5.2 assists-per-game. Earlier this season against Redeemer, Eduful became the first Humber men's basketball player to record 300 assists for a career.
SCOUTING ST. CLAIR
- The Saints feature the fourth highest scoring offence in the association (86.4 ppg).
- As a team, St. Clair leads the league in thefts, averaging 15 steals-per-game.
- The Saints are led offensively by William Lara-Caston and Charles Baskin, who are averaging 13.9 and 12.9 points-per-game, respectively.
- After winning four straight to begin the season, the Saints have lost seven of their last 10 contests.
Updated scoring rankings:
|3||Tyrone Dickson||2012 -||70||823||11.8|
|4||Gibson Eduful||2012 -||86||805||9.4|
Saturday's game will be live streamed courtesy of the St. Clair Saints department of athletics and recreation. Tip-off is set for 6pm and the live stream can be found here.