BRAMPTON, Ont. -- Saturday afternoon marks the 100th OCAA regular season meeting between the no. 8 Humber Hawks (10-3, 2nd West) and no. 1 Sheridan Bruins (10-0, 1st West). Tip-off is scheduled for 6pm at the Davis Campus Gym.
LAST TIME OUT vs SHERIDAN
In their third game of the season, the Hawks lost to Sheridan 79-74 in a game that saw 15 lead changes and 12 ties. With a lead and less than five minutes left to play, Humber's offence went ice cold, missing multiple open looks. The Hawks shot one for 12 from behind the three-point line in the second half, while also missing five free throws. Tyrone Dickson finished with 14 points and 12 rebounds in the loss, while Ostap Choliy finished with a game-high 19 points for Sheridan.
- The Hawks have won nine of their last 10 regular season games.
- Tyrone Dickson, Humber's all-time leading rebounder, is averaging a league best 11.5 rebounds-per-game (third best average in the CCAA).
- Dickson has a team-best eight double-doubles this season and 34 for his career.
- When Humber out-rebounds their opponents, they are 10-1 this season. Their only loss coming against Sheridan.
- Fifth-year point guard Gibson Eduful (Toronto) is currently ranked third in the OCAA, averaging 5.2 assists-per-game. Against Redeemer, Eduful became the first Humber men's basketball player to record 300 assists for a career.
- After opening the season as the fourth ranked program in the country, the Bruins are now ranked first after running the table in the toughest basketball conference in Canada.
- Sheridan is the highest scoring program in province, averaging 96.6 points-per-game.
- After missing the first two games of the winter semester, Sheridan's leading scorer Ostap Choliy (20.8 ppg) has returned to their lineup.
- The Bruins are the only team in the OCAA with a winning regular season record against the Hawks and are leading the all-time series 53-46.
- Humber is 7-5 at Sheridan since the Davis Campus Gym was in opened in the fall of 2005.
- Over their last 20 regular season meetings, the Hawks are 13-7 against the Bruins.
- Over the last 12 seasons, the Hawks have won six provincial championships and the Bruins have won three.
Eduful and Dickson are now the second pair of teammates to play together with 750-plus career points, joining Hall of Famer George McNeil and Henry Frazer who accomplished the feat 30 years ago.
Updated scoring rankings:
|3||Tyrone Dickson||2012 -||69||809||11.7|
|4||Gibson Eduful||2012 -||85||790||9.3|
Saturday's game will not be live streamed. For full in-game results, follow along live with @HawksGameday.