To support and educate our varsity student-athletes and teams on how to enhance their athletic performance.
Since 2010, the High Performance Centre (HPC) has been leading the way in Strength and Conditioning at the OCAA/CCAA level. Since the program's inception, Humber Athletics has won 25 CCAA national championships (a national best) and 88 OCAA championships (a provincial best).
HPC is exclusive to all Humber student-athletes and teams. We work closely with the Athletic Therapy Department to ensure that the athletes are well prepared for play. Programs are selectively designed by the Strength & Conditioning Coaches, based on the needs of the sport, athlete, team and coaches.
Some services include:
- Full-year periodized programming specific to each sport
- Long Term Athletic Development
- Testing athletes in their aerobic and anaerobic fitness, muscular strength, power and endurance, as well as mobility and flexibility
- Individual and team training sessions with their designated Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Year-round Recovery and Movement sessions
- Nutritional education both in and off-season
- Full integration with Humber Therapy Clinic for assistance with injury prevention, management, and return to play
- Inspiring a High Performance Culture that builds character and will lead them to become OCAA and CCAA Champions
- Creating better athletes, and better individuals.
High Performance Centre consists of:
- Humber Varsity exclusive weight room with an open concept design
- Squat Racks with Olympic Platforms
- Cable Machines
- Large Selection of Dumbbells and Kettlebells
- Olympic Plates and Bars (including trapbars)
- Accessory equipment: Hurdles, Ladders, Skipping Ropes, Battle Ropes, Plyo-Boxes, Medicine/Slam Balls, Strength Bands and Chains