What is Athletic Therapy?
- Athletic Therapy is a health care profession that specializes in care of musculoskeletal disorders (muscles, bones, joints), especially as they relate to active individuals pursuing an active lifestyle. This includes assessment, treatment, rehabilitation, and education of the injured person.
Who is eligible for an appointment?
- Athletic Therapist and Sports Medicine Physician for Varsity Athletes only. All other services open to everyone.
How does someone make an appointment?
- You can call ext. 4025, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by Therapy during hours of business. Treatments are by appointment only.
How much does an appointment cost?
- Athletic Therapy= Free for Varsity Athletes
- Sports Medicine Physician= Covered by OHIP
- Osteopathy = $120.00
- Massage = Various Fees apply depending on length and type of service
Is there a cancellation policy?
- Yes, the patient must call 24 hours in advance or else they will be billed for the cost of the appointment.
- For Varsity athletes, it will be counted as a no show
How long are the appointments?
- Depending on the injury, the appointments are half hour to an hour long.